one can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar!!

life is like mail.. sometimes u just don get it.. sometimes u just aint happy with it... but its just the hope of a beautiful one that fuels u.. and for all the pains, tears and rues, i believe 'always the juice is worth the squeeze'!! its just a short voyage and have fallen in love with the wild waters.. alles gute!!

Monday, April 06, 2009

you said it

Communication across the revolutionary divide is strictly partial – not my line, read somewhere. And in that doped exchange or transfer of said (unsaid) wisdom, the lunacy of life breeds! Germinates! I pay a six thou ticket for a flight from Bombay to Calcutta and I find people fanning themselves with handouts inside the carrier! Even the red herrings, I mean the airhostesses cant find aristocratic ways of being bothered of the beads and rivulets! I was told that the outside temperature is so high that the air conditioner can’t cool off enough! You know… was the look given by that lady with a maroon lipstick! Ha! Elementary education and hospitality lessons seem to have taken a beat! Did I look like a dropout from eight grade? The bird wasn’t even air borne and she was talking of temperature difference, did she know up above the world so high, the temperature is sub zero? And then would the air conditioners work their magic or would it still be a cheap stake way of saving a few liters of fuel! The low cost airline with a premium get-up! It’s sad how the recession has been a face-saver for these rat mentality business ventures, sweeping all efficiency issues under the carpet!
The other day I went to this mall called City Center. Quite expansive in the City of Joy! And there was this education fair going on. I heard this pretty (pun intended!) lady say aloud, to gather a gang for some promo game… “Now who’s ready to PLAY with ME”! I almost missed a beat, missed a breathe or two and surely reached for the ‘kerchief to whip the fore-head. Am I ready to play with… amen!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Zlaek said...

Aha, love the way you write.
You have a compelling style... I've always believed if anything's worth telling, it's worth telling humorously! (now, though i suck at it..yeah)
Hmm... and I do like your version of the story.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

If ever you want to see pea-brained dudes and dudettes in Kolkata, go to the said City Center. I promise you will never be disappointed!!!

And if you happen to have a conversation with any of them, all those blond jokes will suddenly seem true.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Ire said...

Ummm been to Kolkata just once and I guess I missed the City Center. Looks like fun! I enjoyed reading this!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger vinny said...

hahaha!
u should have taken a snap of that playful woman:)
'of being bothered of the beads and rivulets! ' - LOL!!
which airlines was this? Kingfisher by way of red herrings !!
u keep cool..have mishti, rasogulla n chilled gulab jamun..these r my favorites :):)

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger der Bergwind said...

@ zlaek

ya.. trying to sugar coat, bitter pill :) in this age of 'artistic' presentation, trying to be ignorant.

@ sujoy

ya... the diameters of the cranial cage and volume(s) of the grey n white matter have been hit badly; now cant blame a soul... in a state where "democracy" is red in colour and everything other issue has a superb NANO-angle to it! to the angels of the Knights... hope they at least win the damn T20!

@ nikki

whole lotta fun must say.. is this what is called humor in "uniform" ?

@ vinnie

naa.. mistress of spices.. thatz what chitra banerjee wrote 'n ash' ray enacted?!! here it was the 'hostess' of Spices.. hmmm Spice Jet1 i know a very sad analogy.. but i am back again in bomnay, this time under a blue-blooded airline, watcheful eyes.. good service... am a happy child! ya.. u have pretty much covered sweet bengal in those few mishti (the extra H gives the authentic sound to the bong pronunciation!!) i would be back in a week to chill with the misthtis :) though mom would not be too happy on the body mass index!!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Shadow Lor said...

Hmph, the recession can be over now, for real. Though this made me feel better for the humour lol.

ryn: Of course you can ask lol. I just may not answer >.>

I lost the pieces. Or at least most of them. What's holding me together now? Not a whole lot. My will, my regrets, my anger.

Some things are just too brutal to be spoken. They're too painful, too sorrowful, too loud. The kind of thing that takes who you are away and replaces it with something entirely different. A traumatizing experience. A tragedy.

Invisible tears, implying that I hid my sadness, I hid my pain. I never told.

I pick up a knife...and turn it on myself. Looking in my blood for the lost pieces. Hoping to see the shards of myself somewhere in the cascade of crimson.(subsequently, the stone is referring to a tombstone)

Perhaps in reality, nothing changed, but to me, it all became silent. I lost who I was, and it all became surreal, the world fell silent for me. I fell into the noise in my head, the screaming I could never let out drowning out the voices I could never let in.

I didn't develop the bloody thing nearly enough. It's one of my worst ones. It really didn't change tone, flavour, or anything throughout it. I nearly didn't post it, but *shrug* lol

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Somya said...

lol...that lady sure was something...khair I don't think so these low cost carrier ever cared for recession...they have always been like that expensive ride in air with facilities equivalent to train ka 3rd class(if there is ne)...I remember once even we faced a situation where same seat had been allocated to 2 ppl...

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Debroop said...

what were you doing at City Centre buddy?! A very unlikely place for you :) Looks like you had company....

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger der Bergwind said...

@ debroop

no saaar, the priviledge aint quite man... to have life on cloud 9 :) i was on my own, trying to measure how far i am from the present perfect 'tense' :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home